Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday, Funday!

Who doesn't love a Sunday? Especially the most beautiful Sunday to hit the greater Sacramento area in quite a while!

I woke up early and got to spend four beautiful hours watching Sex and the City and making all kinds of crazy jewelry.


I made a bracelet today that was black cloisonne beads with little flowers on them. I swear that I have visited the factory they were made in when I went to China. This is a picture of the glazes that they used to fill in the enamel part of the piece. They made beads and vases and ornaments and pretty much every other item that could be cloisonned was!


This was one of the men that worked in the oven section. Could you imagine 8 hours a day of standing in an oven and pulling vases in and out of the heat...and I get tired and hot doing office work!!! Makes me very thankful for my job and the lifestyle I have.


This is what the showroom looked like at this weird and wonderful factory/friendship store/restaurant...they really combine things (kinda like Disneyland!)


A detail of one of the beautiful vases. There were hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and they were all different...it was magical!!!

More to come on the other exciting places and jewelry related sites that I went to visit in China.

1 comment:

Sacred Yoli said...

Wow girl, you are jumping right in there with the blogging! Way to go!

tip: when you announce your new blog on twitter, add the link so people can just click on it and viola!

I just added the coolest tool on my blog. I think it is called feedback or something like that, check it out, it is on the right hand corner of my blog. It lets you see where your readers are coming from (pages) I feel like I am stalking my own page! lol