Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday...Flowering Vegetables and All

Is it a flowering vegetable or a flower that we eat? I don't know...but it makes me smile really big!
What am I talking about? The mysterious and succulent, thistle that populates not only the Mediterranean but also our own Central coast...THE ARTICHOKE!!!
Yes...our lovely friend the 'choke (as those of us who know them well say)...I was lucky enough to be graced with a single flowering artichoke.

This wonder of nature made its way into my life at the Visual Impact Design on L Street in downtown Sacramento. If you have not had the pleasure of visiting this inspiring shop...then you are totally missing out. I have seen flower arrangements in my life...but this was truly flower art! I highly suggest paying them a visit if you have any need for flowers for any occasion!

Because my camera and my computer have gone from fighting to not speaking...I leave you with a representation of my flowering 'choke.

No comments: