Thursday, August 14, 2008

Just One of Those Days...

The Terra Cotta Warriors in X'ian
The meeting of the ancient and modern in Shanghai

Thursday...a day like any other day...except you were there.
It is interesting how the world feels so big, but at the same time so small. It is kinda weird to recognize far off places. Travel is one of those things...where ever you go- there you are. You can be in the most beautiful, exotic, or seemingly interesting place in the world. Yet...if you aren't there with the people you love it can still feel mundane and empty.

Long story short...I am happy to be in Sacramento, I am happy with my job and I am am happy to be surrounded with the people I am surrounded by. So even though its no where exotic, it is the place I want to be.
That being said...I hope you like my pictures of some of those aforementioned "Far off places."

The Great Wall of China near Beijing...in the snow

No comments: